Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Orientation Programm











The start of the new year for all the Erasmus students accepted at TUT ( Tampere University of Technology ) was on the 20th of August. During the whole week we had lectures about all the different stuff an Erasmus studying at TUT has to know : a TUT presentation, the Cultur shock, a presentation of INTO ( which is the international Student's Club ), a presentation of our tutor ( he is the guy in charge of helping us in every obscur case ), the presentation of our department and the different courses we can sign up for ( I belong to Department of Information Technology and I will mainly study Signal Processing ). On Friday the 24th of August, we had a Tampere city tour. Actually I slept because we were sitting in a bus all the tour long !
I also had to sign up for the courses I want to follow during the three periods I'll be there. I have to confess that was the most boring thing I've had to do during the week because it took me lots of time. In fact you have to make your timetable on your own by checking on the internet when and where the lectures and the exercise sessions take place. So you have to be careful so that there is no time collision in your timetable...That's almost impossible. The deadline for signing-up for the courses is on the 26th of August. I've already made my timetable but I will give you it as soon as it is sure I will follow the courses I have applyed for.
Every evening, we had freetime activities where all the Erasmus students met so that everyone of us could get to know the others. We met at the Peyton Place on Tuesday, a BBQ was organised on Wednesday at TUT then we moved to a sauna, we went downtown on Thursday to a sort of club whose name is Le Cabaret ( that sounds French! ), on Friday INTO organised an International Food Party (every Erasmus student had to prepare a food speciality of his ( her ) country. That's was very nice! ).
That year we are about 500 Erasmus students ( I'm not sure at all !! ). We are about 60 french people... So that's not very easy to improve the English, you are surrounded by French people all the time ! But I would say that it is the Spanish connection which is the biggest here at TUT. There must be about 70 or 80 people from Spain.

No comments: